MARITIME OPERATIONAL and TACTICAL TRAINING - Maritime Security, Anti Piracy>>Homepage >>>>>Course List, Overview
MARITIME OPERATIONAL and TACTICAL TRAINING
ATTENTION: we are now recruiting additional MOTT staff for posting in Kenya and in the Far East station asap. - if you are interested, please contact us shortly
The "MOTT" - Maritime Operational and Tactical Training - is a hyper-intensive and comprehensive hands-on tactical and operational training course in the field of maritime security; it is targeted at security operators wanting to specialize in maritime security, anti piracy.
This course includes the following training objectives and subjects:
- The Maritime "asymmetrical threat" - what it is, how to counter it
- Naval nomenclature and vessel types
- Maritime force protection zones
- Methods of demarcating zones
- Counter-Surveillance methods
- Open water and pier-side security procedures
- Sub-surface threats and counter-swimmer/diver operations
- Pier sentry duties and responsibilities
- Boarding and climbing techniques
- Container climbing and rappelling techniques and access-denial to attackers
- Shipboard tactical movement and close-quarter-battle techniques
- Counterterror tactics, drills
- How terrorists think and operate
- Firearms and training safety
- Combat mindset
- Intelligence, Surveillance
- Handgun drills, Timed handgun shooting drills
- Weapon retention
- Room clearance
- Ship/Yacht protection tactics
- anti piracy tactics and strategies
- Use of restraints
- Unarmed combatives
- Special Operations Exercises (SOCEXs)
- Port security
- Sea navigation, use of various radio and comms equipment
- Steering small to medium vessels
- Basic and advanced diving
- Rapelling, abseiling from helicopter
Due to the recent pirate attacks in the Gulf of Aden, demand for our maritime protective services has risen drastically. The waters off Somalia are by far not the only danger zones. Lloyds in London has declared the waters off Malaysia and Indonesia a "war zone", other danger zones are waters all around Africa, the Caribbean Sea and theft of yachts and robberies even occur in leisure ports around the Mediterranean.
MOTT will prepare you for these dangerous tasks and teach you all necessary skills. Graduates will be offered employment with our security teams; successful completion of the MOTT course is mandatory. For graduates of both PASO and MOTT we GUARANTEE full long-term employment. The combination of both courses is the ultimate training in the field of maritime security. These specialists are among the world elite in private maritime security. You will protect vessels from private yachts to large cargo ships, you will retrieve and return stolen vessels, and you will conduct rescue and emergency extraction assignments and counsel shipping companies and ship owners as regards ship and maritime security and more. Please see also www.eubsa.com/ERT and www.travelsafe.eubsa.com
The MOTT instructors will teach you the complete skill set needed for these tasks and prepare you for the battle against crime at sea.
Duration of this course: 6 - 12 weeks in our maritime training camp, depending on selection of course modules (see below). The will be a period of 4 month of preparation which include some study activities (distance learning, reading assignments and some tests) before the in-camp tactical training starts; this prep phase is included in the course fee.
Pre-requisites: candidates must be healthy and be able to swim, no felony convictions, 21 years old or older, preferably hold high school diploma.
MOTT course tuition/fees: 9.500 EURO (for MOTT without the diving training, abseiling from helicopter and introduction to handling small boats and yachts) - 12.500 EURO for the TOTAL course including diving, abseiling from helicopter and introduction to handling small boats and yachts - course fee include accommodation
PASO students receive 30% off the MOTT tuition fee.
PASO - perfect combination for MOTT